Friday, November 6, 2009

Gobble Gobble



Gobble! Gobble!


In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast which went down in history as the first Thanksgiving. This harvest meal has become a symbol of cooperation and interaction between English colonists and Native Americans. While the menu most likely did include turkey I doubt they would have eaten this cute little guy. Our turkey is hand painted on Zweigert Mono 14 count canvas and is ready to give thanks for a good year.

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

He's just awfully cute - and what fun it would be to stitch those tail feathers!!

Barefoot Needlepoint Designs said...

I'm thinking of doing him myself when I get back home. Since he's really not that big I thought it would be an opportunity to use up some of those leftovers I have from other projects. The body however I want to do in fuzzy stuff so it looks feathery.