Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey

OK I just HAVE to put this guy up here because I really love the way he came out. This is a Raymond Crawford canvas (I think he calls him Larry the Turkey) that I worked over the summer.

I loved including so many different stitches and fibers. But truly the finishing put me over the top.

As you can see he has ribbons on top as well as silk leaves and some feathers.


There are real feathers incorporated into his tail along with braid and beads. I have the feeling he is going to be the talk of dinner tomorrow and will command more attention than the bird we're going to eat.






3 comments:

Anne Stradal said...

Cindy- Larry is just wonderful and over-the-top! I'm sure he'll be pardoned as well for Thanksgiving Day! Stitchery Square does an amazing job of finishing, don't you agree? I've been using them for almost 15 years now, and for almost all my designs.

Barefoot Needlepoint Designs said...

Amen to that. I really do love how she finished him. All I knew when I sent it was there would be some real feathers in the finishing.

Lisa T said...

Wow, that's gorgeous, Cindy!